Information for parents of disabled children

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

School's In

Rise of the LeavesImage by egazelle via Flickr

It didn't feel like Fall today, but the buses rolled by and the kids put on their backpacks. And for me, that means back to the grinding stone on special education.

It's the first day back, and already I'm tired. I'm tired of fighting for something that shouldn't be a fight. Special Education is in everyone's best interest, not only the child's, but it's always with the cost-cutting and the bickering and the putting off.

Last month, it was stimulus funding being withheld. Today, we cut bus monitors. There is an institutional culture in education, and it doesn't work for my kid for the most part.

There are a million things I could say on the subject, unfortunately I'm just too tired, and we have to do this some more tomorrow. Insert sigh here.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]