Information for parents of disabled children

Friday, September 25, 2009

We've got to M.O.V.E.



You know that intel commercial, right? Our rock stars aren't like your rock stars. I had that experience today at school. Linda Bidabe visited our site today, and I had no idea she would be there. It was awesome! My admiration for this woman is infinite.

M.O.V.E International is a program dedicated to improving the quality of life of those students with multiple disability. Great Britain has adopted this as a national curriculum. Across Europe, MOVE is widening it's reach and making a difference. What is that?

You see that equipment? Simply by getting these kids and adults up and moving, we are engaging both minds and bodies in learning, building muscles and avoiding injury, and bringing choice and freedom back into their lives. The difference I've seen in the kids I work with is nothing short of miraculous.

So today I got to see one of my rock stars. If we can make half the difference for children with Autism that Linda makes with her program, I'll be well and truly happy.






Reblog this post [with Zemanta]